Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome to (yet another) blog

Blogs seem to be a dime a dozen these days. I've even tried my hand at one in the past without much success. I’ve recently changed jobs, though, moving from a full-time, stressful position to part-time librarian bliss. My official work days (all 2 ½ of them) are filled with complex original cataloging (my favorite!) and my off days (all 4 ½ of them!) are filled with… yet to be determined. I’ve always thought about blogging about cataloging, but I didn’t feel like talking much about my last job when the end of the day came. Besides, I didn’t think I could fill a whole blog with just topics about cataloging. The recent overabundance of free-time has prompted me to reacquaint myself with my love of crafting. So perhaps a blog combining two loves will be the ticket: cataloging (and maybe some general library stuff) and crafting (of all sorts). So, I would like to introduce you to The Crafty Cataloger, a potpourri of posts about the things I love. I hope you’ll join me on this journey as I discover what it means to be a part-time professional cataloger with a whole lot of time to fill.

The first project I tasked myself to complete was organizing all my fabric. Until then, take a look at my crafty corner. What crafting cataloger could live without a personal card catalog to organize all those crafting notions? 

3 comments:

  1. What fun. I don't suppose you'll let us know on facebook whenever you add a post. (I never remember to read blogs unless they arrive in my inbox.)

    I should send you a picture of my card catalog - it was Dad's, and does a wonderful job of holding all my paper-crafting supplies. With a surprise in the bottom drawer, courtesy of our local mouse population.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try to do FB reminders when I post since I have to do something to build an audience. I've never been great at following blogs either, but I'm going to try to get further into the blog world this time around. By following others, maybe some will follow me :-) And I do love my card catalog. This was at an old facility from my previous employer. I laid claim as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete